The Boardman Tasker Prize for Mountain Literature Young Writer's Award
- Entrants must be aged between 16 and 25 on 1st August 2013.
- All entries must be original unpublished literary work, whether fiction, non-fiction, drama or poetry, the central theme of which is concerned with the mountain environment.
- All entries must be 1500 words or less, written in English.
- Entries must not be extracts from longer works.
- Writers may submit one entry only.
- Entries must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com entries will require
- Authors Name
- Authors Date of Birth
- Email address for correspondence
- Entry attached as a pdf, rtf or Microsoft Word file
- Closing date for entries is 1st August 2013. Entries will not be considered after that date.
- By submitting an entry to the competition entrants grant the right for their entry to be published in the event of winning.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entry must not have been published in any other publication or on any website.
- The entrant owns the copyright as the author.
- By entering the competition the entrant grants non-exclusive, royalty free licence to republish the competition entry in electronic format or hard copy for purposes connected with the competition.
- The entry must be the entrant's own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third party materials and/or content that the entrant does not have permission to use and must not be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable laws or regulations. If we have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these rules we may not consider it.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Winning entries cannot be published elsewhere for 6 months after the award.
- The Boardman Tasker Charitable Trust will only use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to any third parties without your permission. Personal details will be deleted once they are no longer required for administering this competition.
- Any queries about the award should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Rules and Entry Guidance
Information about the competition